Think about how many people you see out and about with smart phones in hand – checking emails on the go – texting friends and family – watching videos and surfing the web. It’s a growing trend and businesses who tap into the mobile communication stream are profiting and growing their businesses.
There are many different aspects of mobile marketing –
- Mobile Websites
- Text Marketing
- Mobile Coupons
- Mobile Tagging (QR Codes, etc.)
- Mobile Applications (Apps)
Businesses small and large are implementing mobile marketing strategies to bring in customers, move inventory, increase appointments and increase revenues. No matter what your small business is or does, you can profit using low-cost mobile marketing strategies. Here are some examples of the power of mobile marketing –
- Medical, dental, optometrists and chiropractic practices use mobile marketing to remind patients of appointments, follow up on office visits, provide wellness information and promote new service offerings to encourage ongoing use of the service provider
- Beauty salons, barbers, health spas, massage therapists etc. use mobile marketing to prevent cancellations by offering pre-appointment reminders, to fill open time slots or increase foot traffic on slow business days
- Retailers, whether clothing stores, accessories shops, bookstores, use mobile marketing to move dormant inventory through discounts offerings, promote new products and advertise special sales and in-store events
- Service providers such as body repair shops, landscapers, painters, handymen, , carpet cleaners and maid services use mobile marketing to promote services and offer discounts to increase their client base
- Restaurants, bars and nightclubs use mobile marketing to fill empty seats on sluggish nights with last-minute coupons and offers to bring in customers and invigorate profits on what would have been dead nights
- Theaters and comedy clubs use mobile marketing to offer 2-for-1 deals and last minute specials to fill empty seats that represent lost revenue at every performance
No matter what your small business does or where you are located, mobile marketing can benefit you. Mobile marketing is so successful because it is easy to implement, requires little technical knowledge and is one of the most affordable modes of advertising and promotion.
There has been a massive increase in British people who now own a smart phone Smart phones mean mobile web access – more people now use the mobile web on their smart phones to search for places to shop, eat, drink and locate other services like hotels, breakdown services, locksmiths etc.
If your small business doesn’t have at least a mobile website, you will be passed over by consumers who shop for businesses on the mobile web. What’s more, people now ignore most promotional emails – they head straight into the spam folder! Direct mail flyers hit the rubbish bin, unread, 84% of the time. Mobile marketing circumvents the normal filters that create barriers between consumer and service provider or retailer.
Mobile marketing can be easy to implement and is one of the lowest cost forms of advertising. Ignoring the mobile marketing trend can be hazardous to your bottom line and the likelihood of your small business either thriving or dwindling.
Ian Carrington, Google’s director of mobile advertising recently said, “Businesses need to get mobile in order to provide a positive user experience for their customers. At the moment, businesses are not keeping up with consumers.”